We wanted to provide an overall update for this weekend’s race and at this point based on the snow we have on the ground there is no chance we will be able to run a dryland race and are currently looking at options to run a snow race (sled and skijor). The general condition of the trails as per the last trail update wasn’t looking great. We have gotten a few more centimetres of snow since then and are currently waiting to hear if grooming can commence.
The general forecast for the weekend has changed quite a bit the last few days – there is still rain in the forecast and warmer temperatures however we are still hopeful we will see a change.
Kennel cough – to provide everyone with an update, most of the dogs in our club that have been affected have recovered, not shown signs in 10+ days, and those that are still affected will not be in attendance at this point to prevent further outbreak. We do ask if anyone has questions, concerns, affected dogs to contact us and to read this recent article regarding kennel cough.
We hope to provide everyone with an update by end of day Friday. If a reschedule is needed – the makeup date would be December 2nd, 2018.
James & Jenny – Race Organizers