Poker Run Postponed

Although it looked good from Ottawa this afternoon, the forest got much more rain than the city today, and almost no snow. Best guess is that the trails might be “mushy but ok”, “hard and fast, though not ridiculously icy”, or possibly “crusty” for morning, depending on how cold it actually gets overnight. The forecast has been oscillating on that front. We are worried that the parking lot may be a sheet of ice, and since the trails may be marginal, we think it best to postpone. Sorry guys… we’ll try to find a new date in January. – The daring might find it ok to practice as the trails are somewhat mushy but ok, as of 6 pm Friday evening. – Dana

Comments are closed.