CRITICAL UPDATES SUMMARY:
- Trail grooming rates and maintenance costs have increased, therefore membership rates
are now $40 “per sled/skijorer” per season, $15 for a weekend membership, mushers
under 16 are free if accompanied by an adult membership. Note the change in our billing
structure; membership is “per sled/skijorer” not per household, see samples in #3 below.
- Proof of vaccination will be required with registration. All dogs must be vaccinated for
Rabies, Parvo/Distemper, or have a vet certified exception to run on Mush Larose trails, or
at Mush Larose events.
- We encourage members to recognize that events can’t happen without volunteers. Please
let us know in advance of an event where you can help out so we can plan. We still need an
Event Coordinator if anyone is willing we’d be happy to work with you.
- We have lost the right to use the St Lawrence Parks Commission trails where they overlap
the skidoo trails. The Skidoo clubs pay for the trails there, so they get exclusive use. Please
do NOT use the skidoo trails in that area. More in #8 below.
- We mourn the lost of our Sledding Coordinator, Anne Melrose, in August of this year. She
will be missed by many, and has very big shoes to fill. Thank-you Anne for everything you
have done for sledding in eastern Ontario.